We acknowledge that Taxevity Insurance is located on the traditional territory of many nations, including
- the Mississaugas of the Credit
- the Anishnabeg (“ah-nish-naw-bek”)
- the Chippewa
- the Haudenosaunee (“hoodt-en-oh-show-nee”), and
- the Wendat peoples
This land is now home to many diverse First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples.
We humbly honour and revere the Elders — past, present, and emerging — of this land and all Treaty areas across Turtle Island. We recognize that their ancestors shared this land for countless generations with dignity, resilience, and strength before Europeans colonized it.
As settlers on these lands, we are deeply sorry for
- the disharmony caused by colonization, and
- the enduring impacts of displacement, racism, and inequality.
Our hearts are open to truth and reconciliation to establish a more equitable and inclusive future for everyone.