WE ARE FAMILY
FSA, FCIA, FEA
“I’m an actuary who developed insurance products. Now I develop tailored insurance strategies for you.”
Promod (he/him; “pro-MODE”) apprenticed to become an actuary at Metropolitan Life, developed life/health products at National Life and supported leading advisors at Industrial Alliance.
He became independent in 2009 to help advisors and clients harness the unique protection and tax advantages of carefully-constructed life/health insurance strategies.
Promod is a:
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA, 1993)
- Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (FCIA, 1993)
- Family Enterprise Advisor (FEA, 2018)
Current memberships include:
- Estate Planning Council of Canada (also a board member)
- Canadian Association of Gift Planners
- Family Enterprise Canada
- Western University: on the Alumni Association board and various committees
- Family Enterprise Canada: Ambassador, Family Enterprise Of The Year awards committee
- Conference for Advanced Life Underwriting (CALU): on committees and as a speaker
- Toastmasters International: Area Governor, Club President
“I was studying to become a doctor. I then decided to focus on financial health instead because peace of mind is good medicine.”
Jeevan (he/him; “JEE-vin”) was studying to become a doctor at Western University when he decided to focus on financial health instead. He now works with his dad.
Jeevan is a:
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®️)
Jeevan does much of the background work:
- Prepares clear insurance proposals, including market scans
- Develops and continually enhances proprietary spreadsheets
- Gets tentative underwriting assessments
- Resolves administrative matters
- Creates original content
- Directs, films, edits and produces the 300+ videos on youtube.com/Taxevity
Jeevan also participates in client meetings by providing live illustrations, answering underwriting questions and verifying the completeness of insurance applications.